It’s full on awards season this time of the year and that applies to blogs as well. There’s an entire range of different awards with different meanings. I was nominated for the Liebster, Blogger Recognition and the Beautiful Book Blogger Award by Shealea from That Bookshelf Bitch.
I honestly think that I don’t deserve these, thanks to the lack of books I’ve read and the fact that my blog is fairly new. That doesn’t mean that I’m not honoured and flattered.
The Liebster Award is an award for bloggers. It helps to discover new blogs and to build a sense of community in the blogging world!
1. Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you.
3. Nominate 11 bloggers that you think are deserving of the award.
4. Let the bloggers know you nominated them.
5. Give them 11 questions of your own.
#1 What is the worst pun or pick-up line you know?
I actually don’t know any pick-up lines or at least not in English. I do love a good pun and I’ll kindly refer you to this one since I laughed for about 5 minutes. I know the question was worst pun, but I didn’t want to withhold this one from you.
#2 In your opinion, book with the most surprising ending and why?
I might have to go with Life of Pi. It wasn’t really a surprising ending, but the writer dropped this thought about an alternate ending in there and it was kind of disturbing and made you wonder what really had happened.
#3 What genre do you usually steer clear of and why?
Probably horror. I can appreciate a good thriller, but horror is just a bit too much for me. Not that it’s too scary or something, just not my kind of book/movie.
#4 What is the perfect beverage to accompany you while reading?
Maybe Coca Cola or some water. I don’t really know.
#5 What are your thoughts on ice cream?
Ice cream is everything. Seriously, I could eat a whole jar (do you call it a jar?) of ice cream at once. Especially Cookie Dough.
#6 Fictional character you admire and/or look up to the most? Elaborate.
This may seem as a strange answer, but I’m going for Ms. Marvel. She is just a normal kid who per accident became a superhero. She has to deal with accepting her new identity as well as dealing with friends, family, religion, etc. It’s a down-to-earth look on how this would transcend in real life.
#7 What kind of career do you want for yourself?
I’m currently studying Communication Management, so I’m heading towards marketer or something. I would definitely like to be someone who creates corporate identities for businesses and others in need of branding. Here’s an example.
#8 What is the first movie that made you cry (or at least made you teary-eyed)?
This is based on my diary on Letterboxd, since I couldn’t possibly remember which one was first. It probably was Toy Story 3.
#9 What is your favourite facial expression to make whenever you take a selfie?
Don’t expect an example, because that would be embarrassing. Though I often blow up my cheeks to look kind of crazy. Don’t judge.
#10 If you could eat just one dessert for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Oh man, why would you do that to me? If I am obligated to choose, I’d probably go for Cookie Dough ice cream or a ‘Coupe Aardbei’ (basically vanilla ice cream with strawberries on top).
#11 What is one fear you’re hoping to overcome someday?
Speaking in public. I always get stressed out when I have to give a presentation.
My 11 questions
1. What is the last book you’ve read and why did you read it?
2. What is your favourite movie of all time?
3. What is your favourite place to travel to and why?
4. Do you have a favourite board game?
5. What song do you listen to most at this moment?
6. What genre can’t you get enough of?
7. Do you prefer paperback or hardcover and why?
8. Have you ever written a story? If so, what was it about?
9. Tell a joke, because why not?
10. Do you prefer to buy books in the store or online?
11. What book made you laugh out loud?
Blogger Recognition Award
1. Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to. Do some digging if you must! Find those blogs. You can’t nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you.
2. Write a post to show off your award! Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers. Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog. List who you’ve nominated in the post.
3. Make sure to also attach the award itself!
4. Comment on each blog and let them know you’ve nominated them. Provide a link to the award post you created.
5. Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night. That way, anyone can find the original guidelines and post if needed, and we can keep it from mutating and becoming confusing!
To be honest, I started my blog due to a lack of people to talk to about these subjects. Not that none of my friends or family are interested in books, but it’s a minority. And most of them aren’t as passionate about them either. I wanted to talk to other people and write about them. To give my interest a certain form of expression.
I don’t think I’m the best person to give advice, but I’ll try my best.
#1 Schedule your posts.
This has been a great help for me. I would write a post in advance and then schedule it on the day that you want it to be published. I had exams in January and the scheduling was a lifesaver. I didn’t have much time to write posts during studying, so I wrote all of my posts before I had to study and scheduled them. There were even a few times when a new post was published while I was actually doing my exam. So yeah, definitely a great tool.
#2 Do what you want to do.
I know that this is a cliché thing to say, but I do really mean it. As the next award displays, I’m a book blogger. Though that’s not entirely true. I blog about movies and tv series too. I’m even writing about comics and other things as well. I wouldn’t define this blog solely as a book blog. My point is that I’m doing what I’m interested in, I’m writing about things I like to write about. I even think that’s the most important thing about blogging.
Beautiful Book Blogger Award
1. Link to the blogger who gave you the award.
2. State seven random facts about yourself.
3. Nominate other people & notify them of the nomination!
Can I just quickly say that these weren’t easy to find, partly because I already told a lot about myself in a recent post and also because I don’t really like talking about myself.
Fact #1 I do not drink coffee.
Fact #2 I don’t drink alcohol either.
Fact #3 I hate books/comics/DVD’s that don’t fit with the rest of the series.
Fact #4 I reorganise my shelves once in a while, just to keep myself busy.
Fact #5 I say I reorganise them, but they often end up in the same place.
Fact #6 I have three cacti in my room.
Fact #7 I am a big Marvel fan, but that’s not really a secret.
Nominations – I’m nominating a bunch of people, feel free to accept or not.
Aria – Aria Stuck in Wonderland
Astra – A Stranger’s Guide to Novels
Joan – Fiddler Blue
Estefani – Fiction Jungle
Sara – Freadom Library
Aldana – Perfection in Books
Parneet – The Enchanted Book
Sic – The Lit Mermaid
Gem – It’s Two in the Morning
Joey – Thoughts and Afterthoughts
These are the awards I was nominated for and I am honoured that I was.
I also quickly want to mention that my blog will undergo some major changes in the next few days. I’m hoping that monday I’ll have a whole new design for my blog that will better fit my personality and the overall feel of what I want this blog to be.
I’ll see you later!